Monday, April 7, 2014

DIY Chevron Striped Journal


Hi everyone! Today I am doing a DIY project using a recycled journal I found in my attic! I love reusing things and making them into brand new works of art! This project was very easy with a top secret crafting item: Masking Tape! I hope you enjoy and please let me know in the comments below what you think! (You can also email me your comment) This kept me occupied for a whole session of conference! Ok! Let's get started! 

Supplies:
Composition Book or old Journal
Acrylic Paints in the colors you would like your journal to be
Masking Tape
White Acrylic Paint or Primer if needed
Sponge Brush
Ruler
Brush on glitter or glitter paint if desired


Paper plate
Paper towel
Cotton balls 
Rubbing alchohol
Q-tips
Nail polish remover 
Water

Lots of supplies but worth it! ;)





My journal was 7 in by 9 1/2 in so I split the 7 in in the middle and used this as a guide when I placed my tape. You can use a pencil to lightly draw a straight line down the middle of your notebook and you can wipe it of with rubbing alchohol at the end.

Now you can start placing your tape using your ruler as a guide.

This is what you should end up with!








I had to do 3-4 cotes of paint because my journal was black, but hopefully it won't take you that long.



Now remove any excess paint with nail polish remover and Q-tips if needed.


Now let your journal dry over night and your done! You can put a cote of Modge Podge on your journal if you think you need it. And you're done!:)

This journal is great for just about anything! Whether you use it as a daily journal or take notes at school or work!

I hope you all enjoyed this tutorial! Please make sure you comment below or email my blog email what you think! Stay Pink and Green and I'll see you next Monday!
XOXO,
Rylee

1 comment:

  1. Love it. Very creative!
    Thanks for the tutorial......I might have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete